The IAFR “Service Team” came to the Minnesota office last week for our annual assessment and planning sessions. We are a decentralized team, with two in Peoria, IL, two more in Grand Rapids, MI, and four of us here in the Twin Cities. While we get a lot done working remotely and leveraging Zoom video conferencing, we occasionally need to meet face to face for more in-depth assessment and decision-making.
A highlight of our meetings last week was the shared conviction that the Service Team measures our success by the effectiveness of our missionaries in the field, who in turn, measure their effectiveness by their life-giving impact in the lives of refugees where they serve.
I thank God for the privilege of working alongside of these devoted colleagues!
The Service Team includes IAFR’s…
- US Regional Leader – supporting our teams in Colorado, Georgia, and Minnesota
- Director of Training – both internal missionary training and external training opportunities for other missions and churches
- Our Director or Project Management – assisting with the development of new projects and tracking active projects
- Assistant Director of Operations – assisting the Executive VP, primarily with mobilisation
- Executive Team Assistant – assisting the President and Executive VP as needed
- Executive Vice President – Overseeing Finance, HR, Service Team
- President – Overseeing Regional Leader support, IAFR US – IAFR Canada collaboration, Board Development, Development, Publications, Website, engagement with World Evangelical Alliance
- Director of Social Media – she’s presently in training and raising support. We hope to see her active by early 2020