I spent part of the day preparing to tell the IAFR story on Sunday evening as we begin the annual IAFR Missionary Conference.
It isn’t as easy as it sounds.
I decided I would highlight the defining moments in the story.
- 1980 – The unmistakeable calling to serve refugees
- 1997 – The vision of the Refugee Highway
- 2001 – The global consultation on the Refugee Highway in Izmir, Turkey
- 2009 – IAFR is conceived in Kenya
- 2009 – IAFR is born
- 2010 – Paul Sydnor joins IAFR as our second missionary
- 2013 – Tom Albinson is appointed Ambassador for Refugees with World Evangelical Alliance
- 2014 – The first draft of the Continuum of Response was drafted. It has become our core strategy for ministry and training.
- 2017 – IAFR Canada is established
That’s the outline. Now to figure out a way to share it so that it makes sense and captures the interest of others…